Ohh Tim Gunn, if only I had listened to you the first time...8 seasons ago...when you exclaimed those words... "Make it work!" on the show Project Runway.
I've thought about this expression in depth lately. Of course, Tim was referring to making the disgusting hem of a dress work with the couture theme for the week, or something of that nature... however- I'm taking it to a whole new level.
Have you ever woken up just knowing that there is no possible way to get everything that needs to get done completed that day? Yep... my life. In a nutshell... and until just recently, I thought I was the only one! I'm embarrassed to admit that I have thought to myself before..."when am I going to get my break...? When will it all work out for me?" The real question I should be asking myself is "Why on earth are you waiting around for it to happen by itself?! It is up to you ERIN!"
You know those sayings out there, the ones that are suppose to make you feel better about a situation?
For example: "Everything will work out for the better."
My response to that is... will it? It will just work out on its own? I don't have to do anything…? The answer is that nothing is going to work itself out until you give it your all, until you come to grip with reality, figure out what you CAN change, and what you CAN'T change. And doing what you can to stay sane in the process.
Another example: "When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window."
God had opened MANY windows in my life; however some people wait around for that window to open up… Why not just go and unlock it yourself? Take control of YOUR life!
What I mean by this is that you cannot wait around for something to appear out of mid-air. You can have whatever you want! We live in a country where we have sooooo many chances to achieve our dreams! (ClichĂ©, I know…). Go out there and earn it! DO NOT let a fear or insecurity from the past keep you from enjoying RIGHT NOW. Absorb all of life’s prospects. Take it for what it is, and move on! We cannot control most things around us, that includes people- what we can control is how we react and handle what is thrown at us.
The moral you may ask?
I am taking control of my destiny, AND I am living by a new rule. If I cannot have something exactly the way I want it (pretty typical)… I’m going to try my best to “make it work”. Things too often do not go as planned, but hey, what can you do? …say it with me now…. MAKE IT WORK.
No comments:
Post a Comment